Recently, MBC Variety Program ‘Hitmaker’ has been making highlights as they produce group ‘Big Bottle’, which consists members YookDuk (BTOB Yook Sungjae), WangKong (GOT7 Jackson), DulBaekGi and HyukDdi (VIXX N and Hyuk).
* Stage names and their meanings:
YookDuk: Six Virtues
WangKong: King Kong
DulBaekGi: White Stone
HyukDdi: Chinese Zodiac Hyuk
The center of ‘Showtime’ and ‘Hitmaker’ is none other than Yoon MiJin PD. Starting off as spin-off of ‘Weekly Idol’, the great responses from the show proved its growing success. Bound to air its last episode on 19th August, Yoon MiJin PD had a simple interview with Newsen.
▲ Where did you get the idea of producing a program of a different concept with Jung HyungDon and Defcon?
– As we shoot for ‘Weekly Idol’, Jung HyungDon and Defcon delivered their ‘needs’ for producing. We talked and laughed about it comfortably, and there’s how the birth of this program. Also, both of them are easy around idol groups, so we were curious of the outcome if they gather members from different groups. Coincidentally, it falls on the same year as ‘Weekly Idol’ 3rd anniversary, so it’s not that bad of a plan to promote this variety.
▲Yook Sungjae, Jackson, N and Hyuk have been selected as members for ‘Big Bottle’, were there any special reasons?
– BTOB, GOT7 are idols that grab the most attention on ‘Weekly Idol’, They were nominees for the show and they came together after some coordination in their schedules. As the shoot goes on, their chemistry became better than expected, and we are glad that they fit well. Jackson has been an eye-catching friend on Weekly Idol, all producers have unanimously chose Jackson. He’s always creating funny episodes with HyungDon too.
▲VIXX has never been on Weekly Idol though.
– That’s true, they couldn’t appear on ‘Weekly Idol’ broadcast due to their busy schedule. But, VIXX are friends that have quite a strong potential, and their fandom is one of the most stable fandoms among rookie groups. We hope that they will have the chance to be on ‘Weekly Idol’ through this program.
▲ Big Bottle’s dedicated looks on broadcast left a strong impression.
– For promoting idol groups to appear on ‘Hitmaker’, it is indeed a tough choice to make. As they appear on broadcast, we feel thankful that they did it diligently. Yook Sungjae has a really strong passion for ‘Big Bottle’ and shows committed effort in it. N and Hyuk challenged an unfamiliar concept, but we thank them for making it interesting. Jackson, on the other hand, easily lifts the mood up with his free and wild style, and we’re happy and thankful for that.
▲ ‘Big Bottle’ fancafe has reached more than ten thousand members. Did you expect this influence?
– I’m quite surprised too. We didn’t expect that the response would be that big. The producer team were having thoughts when we first started this program, ‘hopefully the cast would participate interestingly’, ‘We hope it won’t be a disadvantage to promoting groups.’ Therefore, we were extra meticulous about it. But with fans great responses, we are extremely grateful.
▲ You will be releasing ‘Stress Come On’ on 20th August afternoon. Do you expect good results on music charts?
– ‘Hitmaker’ will be airing the MV on 19th August alongside its last episode, and release on music charts the next day. It’s not easy to predict regarding the music chart, but we hope that it will receive the same amount of attention from fans as on the music charts. We don’t think it will ‘explode’ onto charts. Nevertheless, if it reached top spot, we would be happy.
▲ Some are asking if they would go on music stations, like Show Champion.
– We talked about going on music shows during our planning stage, but it is difficult to coordinate all schedules from three groups. Perhaps they may have their debut-cum-goodbye stage on ‘Weekly Idol’. About going on broadcast if they achieve #1 on music charts… well that.. I don’t know too.
▲They were talks about a series (of ‘Hitmaker’) to be a fixed program on TV broadcast.
– There’s nothing firm we can say right now. It’s difficult to be part of the fixed programs, but it’s possible for a continuous series during holiday seasons. We are discussing it positively. It is possible for members to change too – be it, existing members, totally new members or changes in some members. The thoughts of the existing members are important too. There are various possibilities to this.
▲ You are grateful towards MC Jung HyungDon and Defcon
– That’s true. The members of Big Bottle did well, but MC Jung HyungDon and Defcon put in lots of effort in various parts. Although it is a 4-episode program, they have participated in the concept, as well as producing and writing for Big Bottle’s title track. Both of them are always dedicated colleagues, and we are even thankful for them. It feels like we have to deliver our heart to them.
Please take out with full credits